Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve likely heard the Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant commercials. Just in case, here’s a refresher:
This is a new type of product altogether – or at least its marketed this way. I’m really not sure how this is different than regular spray deodorant – however I haven’t tried a spray before, so maybe they are super wet and take a while to dry? Nobody likes wet pits!
So I’ve been using this for just a few days and I have a couple observations:
- The smell is strong. Like, smell yourself randomly throughout the day kind of strong
- The advertising is misleading in that it goes on WET and dries down very quickly, within a couple seconds. It actually goes on wet and quite cold, so I’m not sure I’ll enjoy using it this winter when it gets ultra chilly…
- I’ve noticed no irritation from using it, even on freshly shaved skin
- It really seems to work well as an antiperspirant. I didn’t notice any wetness throughout the day, and let me tell you: working in an office and sitting near a window means that I’m either freezing and clammy or full on baking in the sun’s rays
- The can says it will last 48 hours which is alarming, I don’t want anything perpetually on my skin for 48 hours! The can also says “not for intimate use” which is even more alarming. Keep the can away from your lady bits!
- Cost: higher than typical stick antiperspirant by a dollar or two
- White marks: I haven’t noticed ANY rub off on my clothing which is AMAZING.
So there you have it, my first impressions of Dove’s Dry Spray Antiperspirant. At this point, I am reaching for this over the stick every morning which is a good sign! Have you guys tried it yet, or a similar product from another brand?
Leave a comment down below, I love hearing from you!