I love “What’s in my bag” blog posts! Maybe because I’m a bit nosy and love seeing what everyone else’s private space looks like, and maybe because I truly am curious to know what other people just can’t leave home without!
I’ve just been scurrying back and forth to work lately, to the grocery store and to run errands, so I haven’t had anything special or unusual in my bag. This is a pretty good representation of what I typically have in this thing.
First of all, the bag! It was a gift from my wonderful boyfriend earlier this year, for no reason whatsoever. (He’s awesome like that!) It’s from Roots, so its sturdy leather and pretty much looks the same as the day I opened it.
- Glasses and sunglasses. These babies are prescription, oh yeah!! Its taken me forever to invest in them but I love them and hope to have them alot longer than my cheapo grocery store sunnies.
- Tiny black leather Michael Kors ID wallet – just big enough for cards and a couple of coins. I originally bought this to fit my small black Michael Kors purse but it’s just so handy, I just toss this in whatever purse I’m using with my keys and phone and I’m good to go.
- A spoon for my yogurt (I don’t keep that in my purse, I promise)
- A floating dime
- A CIBC bank envelope with a few $ in it. I don’t usually keep any cash in my purse but its on its way to the bank, hence the CIBC envelope.
- Gloves – it’s getting chilly and my fingers will thank me for being so prepared!
- Deep Relief pain relief balm. It works awesome and isn’t super smelly so I don’t mind using this in public places like work, etc.
- Lush Handy Gurugu lotion sample. Free samples of stuff like this are awesome to throw in my purse so I can try out new things on the go, and then just toss ’em out after a couple uses once they are gone!
- Emergency stash of Advil! Because I am a WOMAN. And shit happens.
- Purell hand sanitizer in the Coconut Beach Siesta scent. Love this stuff especially during cold and flu season! I swear, every time I use it someone asks me what smells so good. I keep looking for a bigger bottle in this scent but that has yet to be found.
- Essence Like a Bad Girl fragrance spray. This stuff is super cheap but smells amazing! I found it during a trip to Shopper’s Drug Mart a few weeks ago and have been wearing it almost every day. I usually don’t go for the cheap fragrances but this one I’m a big fan of!
- Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing sheets to catch those greasies and keep me looking shine free
- Keys, because I am a grownup and have responsibilities.
- Itty bitty little bottle of Sally Girl nail colour in the shade Epic – this is such a beautiful blue! Found it at Sally Beauty Supply and for I think $1.50 or so?
- Make Up Forever Professional Duo Mat powder foundation! This is the only powder foundation I’ve used for a couple years and I think its worth every penny – not cakey or overly powdery, feels soft and again takes care of those shiny moments! Best part is that there is no yucky cheap smell that drugstore compacts often have.
- Little white coin purse that used to belong to my Grandma. It has her name embossed in gold on it, so it definitely brings the warm and fuzzies as well as being pretty useful!
- BONUS: Makeup bag of lip stuff – Oh yes, there is bag within a bag, and its more girly stuff!
In here I try to keep only the essentials, the stuff that if I run out of the house in a panic I know I’ll still have something to match my look.
OK SO LIPPIES!
- Annabelle Waterproof lipliner in terracotta. This is somewhere between a neutral red and something very similar to my own lip colour. It seems to go with a lot of different shades for this reason.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – a gift from my friend Trish! I haven’t really had the occasion for a bold red lip quite yet so I haven’t tried this guy yet
- Younique Lucrative Lip Gloss in Ladylike. This shade is really strange in the tube, a very orangey red with a super strong coral undertone. On the lips its super pretty as long as you use it sparingly!
- Maybelline Color Whisper shade 100 A Plum Prospect – this stuff is the BOMB but I can’t find it anymore. Maybe its been discontinued? If I can purchase this again I will, and in multiples because this is my absolute first go-to summer shade. Put one coat on for a super subtle look or layer it to make my lips pop!
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in shade 107 – nice deep bold winter lip!
- C.O. Bigelow mentha lip balm stick. My current favourite balm
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipcolor in two shades – 235 Warm Me Up and 420 Deepest Cherry
Whew! I think that’s it!
I’m actually pretty surprised by the lack of garbage and receipts in there, I must be on top of that lately!! I do often clean out my bag and then wish I had a receipt or something I could stick my gum in… sometimes being too orderly can leave you a tad unprepared lol!
What about you guys? What can’t you leave home without?